/ Available jobs
WP2: PhD position in User Modelling, Personalisation & Engagement
There is a vacancy for a PhD position at MediaFutures: Research Centre for Responsible Media Technology & Innovation. The position is for a fixed-term period of 3 years.
MediaFutures is a new centre for research-based innovation at the Department for information science and media studies, University of Bergen, and located at Media City Bergen. The centre is a part of the Norwegian Research Council’s Research-based Innovation scheme. MediaFutures is in cooperation with industry partners from news media and media technology research topics like media experiences, recommender technology, content production and analysis, content interaction and availability, and Norwegian language technology. The goal is to develop responsible technological solutions to societal challenges like AI, fake news, echo chambers and political polarization. The results will be new digital tools, analysis methods and content types for the future of media. The center will also perform research training within media technology and innovation. This will create outputs such as new patents, prototypes, research articles and software, as well as innovative start-up companies.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree or the equivalent in one of the relevant disciplines by the starting date of the position: information science, data science, computer science or related fields.
- It is a condition for employment that the master has been awarded.
- Programming skills and knowledge of a programming language, such as Python or R, is essential.
- Data analysis skills in Python, R, or STATA can be an additional asset.
- The applicant should be motivated to contribute to the emerging field of recommender systems research.
- The requirements are generally a grade B or better on the Master thesis and for the Master degree in total.
- As an applicant you should have a considerable work capacity as well as an enthusiasm for research and the ability and interest to work in a team.
- A firm basis in quantitative research methods and data analysis is an advantage.
- As an applicant you should have an excellent written and spoken command of English.
- Experience with recommender systems research is an advantage.
Read more and apply at:
You can find previously announced positions here:
PhD positions (expired)
Postdoctoral positions (expired):
Research Assistants (expired)
Administrative positions (expired):