Last Updated on September 20, 2022 by SnorreA
There is a vacancy for a 30% Research Assistant position at MediaFutures: Research Centre for Responsible Media Technology & Innovation, the Department of Information Science and Media Studies, University of Bergen. The position is a fixed-term period of up to 2 years.
Research assistant is a recruitment position where the main task is to be a supporting entity to the academic staff in their instructional and research endeavors. The position will provide the opportunity to gain insight into scientific work and methodology. Total employment cannot exceed two years.
About the work tasks
The Research Assistant will support the Centre Director in scientific, technical and admin tasks and reports to the Centre Director. Work tasks include:
- Contribute to research and innovation projects and proposals where the director of MediaFutures is involved
- Other admin and support tasks on demand.
Qualifications and personal qualities
- The applicant should as a minimum be a bachelor’s student in media and interaction design, information science, computer science or relevant disciplines.
- The position requires decent ICT competences.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English and Norwegian
- Structured and solution-oriented team player who thrives in a work environment with expectations of high levels of performance.
- Knowledge of the centre’s activities, media and/or technology industry is a benefit.
We can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- A 30% position
- Salary at pay grade 383 200 – 478 300 (ltr. 35 – 51) upon appointment (Code 17.515/1019-1020) on the government salary scale. Pay grade depends on highest completed degree.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Training and good welfare benefits
- Primary workplace is Media City Bergen
You can find previously announced positions here:
PhD positions (expired)
Postdoctoral positions (expired):
Research Assistants (expired)
Administrative positions (expired):